And His love endures forever!
Not a ton of time to post today, so I’m just going to give a few general updates.
1. The husband and I are in charge of youth group now. We are reading through The Universe Next Door, by James W. Sire, and I can’t think of a better way to spend our every other Friday evening.
2. I am teaching a full time load again. Math, Grammar, Writing, and Latin, and loving it all. I had almost forgotten how exhilarating it is to see children smile when they learn something new, or how concentrated they can look when they are seriously thinking about a new idea.
3. We are safely back from New York and Phoenix, though we wish we could have spent more time with everyone there.
4. The husband is teaching a full load of Latin and Ancient History for the 7th-9th graders, and he is loving it. He has never taught Ancient History before, and he is always sharing some interesting historical tidbit from his background reading in Herodotus and Thusycidides. I don’t think he has ever read so much.
5. I have been working hard on my crochet and sewing. I am in the midst of a few dresses for the little girl of my best friend in Phoenix, and a circle skirt for myself. Crochet is a much more expansive list, from hats, scarves, ponchos, and lacework. I’m hoping to start selling my work for some extra money.
6. I am almost done reading my last Jane Austen book. Mansfield Park and Northanger Abbey are my favorites so far, which probably says more about me than the books. Oh well.
7. My sisters turn 24 and 17 this month. AACK!
8. For Valentine’s Day, the husband is cooking a fancy dinner. I’m looking forward to it.
9. We are moving in March to a play closer to school. More to come on that later.
10. We are adopting.
Yep. God is good. i have to remember that. Fortunately, He is never afraid to remind me any time I need it.